Premium Members can now use Google Analytics to get meaningful insight about the traffic to their deviantART Profile! Using our new Google Analytics integration, you can access comprehensive statistics about your audience, traffic, and art.
Learn more about how you can benefit from Google Analytics on you deviantART Profile.
Set Up Analytics For Your Profile
To set up Google Analytics for your profile, you will need to allow Google Analytics to start tracking your profile:
- Visit the new "Google Analytics" near the bottom of your General Settings
- Click "Where do I find my Analytics ID?" and follow the instructions on how to set up your Google Analytics account.
- Follow the instructions on how to find your Google Analytics Tracking ID.
- Insert your Tracking ID and click save. Google Analytics is now tracking your profile!
- Visit Google Analytics. (Note that Google Analytics' default date range is set to yesterday. You'll have to adjust the date range if you want to see data from today.)
Confirm That It's Tracking
To confirm that it's properly recording your traffic, click the "Reporting" tab on the top of Google Analytics and then either 1) select "Real-Time" in the left navigation of Google Analytics to see live traffic stats 2) on the top right of any report, change the date range to include today.
Important Things To Note
- Past traffic data will not be available; you will only be able to see traffic recorded after you have enabled the feature.
- A Premium Membership is required to use Google Analytics. Tracking will only be enabled for the length of your Premium Membership.
- Not all Google Analytics features will be available with our integration, including: Demographics, Interests, Search Engine Optimization, and In-Page Analytics.
Note that Google Analytics is a powerful tool that can take some time to learn if you have never used the platform. If you have specific questions about how Analytics works, you can use Google's Help Center, which is accessible from the "help" menu while signed in.