In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update
Premium Content Platform: Coming Soon
Coming next week, deviantART will launch our Premium Content Platform — providing the ability for content creators to become sellers and generate real earnings by making digital files of their high-quality work available for download. Sellers will be able to charge a little and sell a lot, and buyers can quickly get the things they want with the satisfaction of supporting the artists they love.
Parts of the Premium Content Platform are currently being tested and refined. You may encounter various features of the Platform during your normal deviantART experience. Should that occur, feel free to interact with them. Otherwise, full details about the Premium Content Platform will be released early next week.
- The "remove from group" option was not functioning for journal deviations that were submitted to Groups. Fixed by $muteor
- The link to toggle mature content in browse linked to an error page for logged out users. Fixed by `allixsenos
- Having a "don't forget to comment!" message display after faving deviations with disabled comments didn't really make any sense. Fixed by $drommk
- "Deleted content" placeholders were still displaying in search results. Fixed by `allixsenos
- The "My Faves" section of dAmnIT! stopped working. Fixed by $helloandre
- On the shop checkout page, the credit card type for stored cards was not displaying. Fixed by `allixsenos
- The standard "edit" button was not displaying on the deviantID widget until the deviantID widget was filled out completed. Fixed by $shadowhand
- deviantART muro was down for a short period of time. Fixed by $shadowhand
- The drag-and-drop file upload feature was lacking a progress meter in stacks. Fixed by `samshull
- The artistic nude section was not auto-tagged as mature. Fixed by `aMoniker
- When submitting a Sta.sh item, the "more options" section would not work properly for deviantART muro Redraw items while using Internet Explorer. Fixed by $adahacker
- When linking to a page with "#" in the URL, the page did not redirect correctly if you were logged out. Fixed by `samshull
- The order of items within a stack changed after uploading. Fixed by `samshull
- The Sta.sh login page briefly flashed the incorrect page. Fixed by $adahacker
- When browsing through items using the "next" and "previous" buttons, editing the description wouldn't work. Fixed by `aMoniker
- Dragging-and-dropping a folder from your desktop into the upload area of Sta.sh created a broken item. Fixed by $kouiskas
- Renaming an item wasn't working properly for ZIP files. Fixed by $kouiskas
- When a single item was selected, there was an error when trying to rename the item. Fixed by `samshull
- When a deviation is embedded into a Sta.sh Writer document, you can now hover over it and use the pencil menu to switch it into a text link. Fixed by $Alisey
- Some comments had been migrated to deviations without the journal/news count being fully updated, making the comments be hidden. Fixed by $kemayo
- Embedding deviations using the "add link" toolbar was just dumping in a raw image, not a properly embedded deviation like the sidebar creates. Fixed by $inazar
- The "smart embeds" checkbox was removed from the "add link" menu, making the behavior default. Fixed by $Alisey
- By and large, users looking for resources like dA's Resources gallery. Some users have trouble finding resources because of search restrictions.
- Users who upload resources struggle with people who fail/refuse to credit their resources, and often don't know if/when their resources are being used to begin with, or used properly. In addition, there's not necessarily any notification for a resource provider as to whether or not their resources are useful to others.
- Sorting deviation stacks from friends and groups in your Message Center. From ~InsaneKane87
- The file size limit of avatars should be increased. From *aha-mccoy
- Add the ability to edit written works that were submitted through the original submission process using Sta.sh Writer. From *raberbagirl
- Adding the ability to easily write on someone's Profile Page after they've added one of your deviations to their Favourites. From =AmethystPendant
- The emoticon legend modal window should allow you to continue writing your comment as you're selecting emoticons. From ~pika
- The emoticon legend is not available on the page used to compose a new Journal Entry. From ~pika
- Adding the ability to disable comments on journals and Group journals like on deviations. From *Andecaya
- Users would like a feature that saves their frequent and/or last used settings for submitting deviations. From ~mnoruzi
- Bringing back the light/dark background options for literature submitted through Sta.sh Writer. From *Skandron
- ^bradleysays created a visual suggestion regarding crediting resources used in a deviation:
How do you feel about the way deviantART gathers member feedback?
In our weekly Site Updates, we've been actively reading over member suggestions, compiling them, and then publishing them in the next week's Site Update. When we find viable member suggestions, we take them into consideration, save them for future use, or sometimes even put them directly into our queue to be worked on. We also actively look through the Suggestions Forum
and the deviantART Suggestions
Keep in mind that sometimes great ideas cannot be taken into immediate consideration because of technical limitations, priority, or dependance on future features. For instance, there are times where members want a small part of a feature changed, but we have plans to redo the feature entirely, so the small change can sometimes be an unnecessary use of resources.
That being said, how do you feel about the process we've been using to gather feedback? How do you feel that it could be improved? What way do you feel most comfortable submitting suggestions?
Have a suggestion, idea, or feedback? Leave a comment on this article!
Find a bug? Report it to the Help Desk! (Be as detailed as possible!)