In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update
- The Community Relations Newsletter for May and June is out! From $Moonbeam13
- Editing a Portfolio briefly resulted in a redirect to an error page. Fixed by $ZombieCoder
- In Chat, the emoticons link was not opening the emoticon window. Fixed by $DEVlANT
- There was an increase of spam in the Forums which bypassed existing spam controls. Measures were put in place to better fight spam. Fixed by $ZombieCoder
- Quotes in deviation titles were breaking literature thumbnail previews. Fixed by $ZombieCoder
- The deviantMEET widget initial month dropdown was one day short. Fixed by $kemayo
- The Help Desk contact form did not accept some characters, resulting in silent error. Fixed by $DEVlANT
- The "Give Points" modal layout was broken when used after Points were given. Fixed by $ZombieCoder
- Some typos were fixed on the My Earnings page and Gallery Stats. Fixed by $DEVlANT
- Voting directly on the site Poll page resulted in an error. Fixed by $ZombieCoder
- The "share deviation" button set was due for an update. Some logos and share scripts were out of date, in addition to Google+ and Pinterest being added a few weeks ago. Fixed by $muteor
- Bugs in CSS parser allowed images to float outside custom boxes on profile pages. Fixed by $kemayo
- The "preview" button for Groups Notes was not working properly. Fixed by $DEVlANT
- Badly formed URLs to comment thread pages were causing an excessive server load. Fixed by $ZombieCoder
- Logged out members who visited the Support page had no easy way to sign in to post their reports. Fixed by $shadowhand
- The wrong date range would get selected when using the "Wayback Browse" calendar picker. Fixed by $banks
- A "Group Name is already taken" error message somehow was translated into just "-1". Fixed by $muteor
- The mobile site Message Center was briefly broken. Fixed by $ZombieCoder and $kemayo
- Message Center Inbox message count per section was incorrect under some circusmstances, and would display the same count from one section to another. Fixed by $ZombieCoder
- Links to group blog entries within a stack in the message center were broken. Fixed by $kemayo
- Group Message Center messages for comments left on group polls were not sent. Fixed by $samshull and $yury-n
- Changes have been made to the Resources & Stock Images gallery! Read more. Fixed by $Moonbeam13
- In addition, the Fonts subcategory in Resources & Stock Images received a fleshing-out! Read more. Fixed by $Moonbeam13
- An update has been posted regarding potential changes to the Macro Photography gallery. Read more. From $Moonbeam13
- The restriction on the Rainmeter category to only allow .rmskin filetype submissions was not functioning properly.
- Request to allow .gif files in Wiggle category was made. Fixed by $sgrahamUK
- Visual Poetry galleries no longer supported image file submissions. Fixed by $Moonbeam13
- Some links to deviations from within Journals were not working properly and instead linked to the Journal entry itself. Fixed by $kemayo
- Delete button in Journal entry edit mode was not functional. Fixed by $ZombieCoder
- Command-click on Journal titles in stacks did not open them in a new window as expected. Fixed by $kemayo
- :dev: codes for changed usernames did not work in Journals under some conditions when both old and new usernames were present. Fixed by $ZombieCoder
- In Journals, embedded YouTube videos did not load or play for some period of time. Fixed by $kemayo
- Using the "next" and "previous" buttons while browsing through journals caused some minor visual issues on the page. Fixed by $kemayo
- The Journal widget's "short entries" option showed full and not short entries. Fixed by $ZombieCoder
- The signup modal used on deviantART Muro and other places sometimes failed to display proper error messages, resulting in generic error. Fixed by $ZombieCoder
- There was an issue when you used the "undo" function immediately after deselecting content. Fixed by $mudimba
- Indentation on comment replies went missing for a period of time. Fixed by $samshull
- An unintentional border would appear on the full view of Sta.sh images. Fixed by $samshull
- Sta.sh would previously autoscroll from the category selector to the title box after selecting a category when submitting a deviation; the autoscroll has been removed. Fixed by `aMoniker
- Some folders could be dragged on Windows Chrome, creating broken items. Fixed by $kouiskas
- Previewing a literature item would give a "forbidden" error page. Fixed by $adahacker
- When copied and pasted directly into title, description or keywords, the text wouldn't save. Fixed by $adahacker
- The file and edit toolbar mistakenly appeared for viewers. Fixed by $adahacker
- Editing the title and description inline didn't work on public URLs. Fixed by `aMoniker
- "Smart embeds" wasn't providing a pencil menu for deviations. Fixed by $inazar
- Writer was saving immediately after loading a draft. Fixed by $inazar
- Hovering over journalskin thumbs in the Journal/Writer sidebar made the thumbs jump around. Fixed by $inazar
- Choosing "no skin" in Writer displayed the wrong preview. Fixed by $kemayo
- Dragging stacks from the sta.sh sidebar in Writer is now properly disabled. Fixed by $Alisey
- The Resources > Tutorials category was missing from the category menu in Writer. Fixed by $Moonbeam13
Thanks very much for the feedback left on last week's update! We asked about favourites and collections, and here's what you had to say.
- Many users organize collections based on subject matter, while others organize based on the medium used.
- Users would like a search function within favourites, which unfortunately is not something we can implement without upgrading our search engine first. However, this is a common suggestion we receive, and it has been noted!
- We also mentioned one of ^Katara-Alchemist's visual suggestions, the response to which was quite positive!
- Users would like notification that a deviation is already in a collection when trying to add it to their favourites or another collection. From ~Angelpussy
Deviants can make their resources, such as stock photos, tutorials, Adobe Photoshop brushes, textures and more, available through deviantART's resources
If you post resources, how do you like being able to share your resources through deviantART? Do you feel you get adequate feedback and return for sharing your resources?
If you use resources, how do you feel about the quality of the content you find on deviantART? How often do you use resources you find? What types of resources do you wish there were more of?
Have a suggestion, idea, or feedback? Leave a comment on this article!
Find a bug? Report it to the Help Desk! (Be as detailed as possible!)