In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
- Google Analytics for Premium Members should no longer report URLs belonging to other artists. Fixed by micahgoulart
- In Porftolio descriptions, text that contained quotes and apostrophes would not display correctly. Fixed lepidosteus
- Navigation buttons were not always shown on Sta.sh documents when that item's owner viewed them via direct link. Fixed drommk
- The "Click here to browse comments in flat view" link displayed on areas with a large amount of comments did not work on the deviations page. Fixed by duraseb
- Clicking the "Next" and "Previous" buttons in a Sta.sh stack would only work for the first click. Fixed by elhsmart
- All brushes have been given a slight performance boost. Done bymudimba
- Text put into annotations is now cached. Suggested by bodhidewey, changed by mudimba
- The Undo button now be used up to 10 times. Changed by mudimba
- When editing Journals submitted to more than one Group from a Group Journal page, updating would silently fail to work. A proper error message has been added to explain the cause. Fixed by inazar
- It was not possible to update the text of a literature deviation by uploading a new file. Fixed by Alisey
- When editing the description of a stack within a stack in Sta.sh, the Add Media tool would not open. Fixed by inazar
Thank you for the feedback on last week's Site Update! Here's some of what you had to say:
- Feedback regarding the release of additional CSS options for Journal Skins was positive.
- In response to the Discuss topic, some deviants mentioned trying out Way Back browsing a few times, while others said they had never tried using Way Back. For those who said they had used Way Back, they mentioned using it to find very specific deviations.
For Premium Members that have installed Google Analytics, which reports or stats do you use most? Are there any reports that you've found especially interesting that might have changed how you use deviantART or how you market yourself?
Your comments may be featured in an upcoming article!
Have a suggestion, idea, or feedback? Leave a comment here!
Check out a list of common suggestions!
Want to keep track of known issues? Check out our Status Forum!
Find a bug? Report it to the Help Desk! (Be as detailed as possible!)