In this update, you'll find all the feedback from our last site update gathered into the Your Feedback section below, just after the Change Log, which will tell you about some brand new updates we just launched, as well as all the bugs fixed since the last update.
- Fixed a bug in chat that caused horizontal scrollbars. - Fixed by $knightar
- Improved the layout and appearance of our "Order Shipped" emails. - Fixed by $knightar
- Improved the validation of the character length of deviation descriptions. - Fixed by $helloandre
- Chased ghost feedback message that has been haunting some users and unveiled it. The message turned out to be a "critique accepted" one in feedback section. - Fixed by randomduck
- Removed invalid payment methods from Premium Membership checkout page. - Fixed by $knightar
- Restored an accidentally-removed box on the Premium Membership page. - Fixed by #ArtBIT
- Fixed a display bug with the "Friends" and "Favourites" menu when deviantART Muro comments drawings are loaded. - Fixed by $allixsenos
- Removed a barely visible white line from the default journal skin. We had to take out a magnifying glass to confirm that it was there. - Fixed by $Alisey
- Fixed a header display issue on one of the Shop pages. - Fixed by $helloandre
- On Groups, the pencil buttons now use the non-clashing semi-transparent style on all widgets. - Fixed by $allixsenos
- Fixed some issues that made Sta.sh Writer appear as if the document was empty even when you've added art to the document. - Fixed by $inazar
- Reinstated the "Report Deviation" button on literature deviations submitted via Sta.sh Writer. - Fixed by $samshull
- You can now access old Sta.sh comments after you publish a deviation. To do this, visit a deviation that you've published using Sta.sh and select "Sta.sh Comments" from the dropdown located above the comments section of the deviation. - Added by $kouiskas
- Improved the error display when logging out on another browser during a stack upload. - Fixed by $kouiskas
- Pasted embed codes from other sites now get turned into our own accepted markup (e.g. YouTube's provided code now works). - Added by $inazar
- For consistency and accessibility, titles of journal will always be links. Some journal skins will be affected by this change. Skin designers: you may have to adjust your CSS to override any unexpected changes to the title of your journal skin. - Added by $kemayo
- Journals on the deviation page no longer have a max width. - Fixed by $kemayo
- The "Add Image" menu item no longer causes errors. - Fixed by $kemayo
- The undo and redo shortcuts were triggering together, which cancelled each other out. Awkward. - Fixed by $Alisey
- Opening the "Add" menu would save a draft containing solely an empty link. - Fixed by $Alisey
- The classic journal submission page had two of the same error messages. - Fixed by $Alisey
- The "continue" button no longer lies about saving when it's not. - Fixed by $inazar
Suggestions, feedback and bug reports from our last site update.
- Many people requested additional symbols being allowed in deviation titles. Hold tight, this is coming soon!
- Collaborative deviations that would allow two people to be credited to one deviation. - From `Jules1983, ~dat-Fips, =KrazyHero, =fan4battle, ~GrabYourShovelAndDig, =jai-miyazaki, *Teq-Uila
- A background shadow is still appearing on some transparent PNGs, causing some of them to look strange. Upon investigation, it appears to only be affecting smaller images. We're looking into this further. - From *Topachi, =Perrytheplatypus12, ~alphatroll, =PeekyChew, =wildrune11, `stuck-in-suburbia
- When a Group affiliation request has been sent, the activity page for that request displays the date as December 30th, 1969. We are working on this issue. - From =virgino0owhore
- As well as Favorites and Notes search, the ability to search Group galleries has been suggested as well. Before we can add some of these features, our search requires upgrading, but we are looking into all requests. – From `Crazysparkles06, *whitestarflower
- Some members were reporting some bugs when copy and pasting content from Microsoft Word. We're always trying to improve compatibility with other applications, but it's just a matter of fine tuning. If you have a Word document that is creating some errors, please send a note to $Dan14Lev if you are willing to share your document for bug testing. - From *Kneeling-Glory
- List Groups separately from friends lists, or have a "Groups" section on your friends list. Great suggestion. There should be an easier way to see all the Groups you're in. One option to fix this might be to put Groups at the bottom of the friends list. - From =Gex78, =Siegetank241, and others
- On members' journal pages, collapse longer journals so you can browse more easily. Great idea! - From ~ThatBlueManiac
- Bring back the ability to browse Favourites by category. - From ~Tai-shan
- Automatically update your Message Center count on your navigation bar while browsing deviantART. - From *Knickolaus, ~cheydinhal, =Tophthetomboy
- Add a "Remove from Message Center" button to Journal deviations like Art deviations have. - From =fan4battle ~Draghorn, *Immortalium, =BloodMoonEquinox, and others
- When you submit a Journal with Sta.sh Writer, sometimes the Journal entry can be incorrectly ordered on your Journal page. We identified the cause of this and will have a fix released soon. - From *Cayca
Discuss These Ideas!
In the last site update, we asked for your feedback on several ideas brought up by the community. We were overwhelmed with the response! Changing usernames was by far the most popular request. Other popular requests were: gallery folders within gallery folders, a "report deviant" button, and the ability through search through your Favourites and Notes. Editing and deleting comments was a bit more controversial, but we gather some great feedback from the discussion.
Here are some ideas that were brought up in the last site update that require a bit more discussion, planning, and debate. We want to hear your thoughts!
- A "Featured Artist" widget. - From =katara-alchemist who provided a great mockup.
- Thumbnail images in comments. Assuming there were limitations, would you like to be able to post thumbnail images of deviations in comments? Example usage might include: Your friend loves cats and you found a beautiful cat photo, so you post it as a comment on their profile; sharing art in forums around a topic; posting a journal asking for the best landscape paintings where people can reply with thumbnails in the comments. -From =Y-Phil, *ObscureFlower