New Share Buttons: Pinterest and Google+
We've added two more share buttons to deviation pages! This was a popular request, both in comments from members here on deviantART as well as on deviantART's Google+ Page, and so we've be adding buttons that allow you to share on Google+ and Pinterest, in addition to the share tools that are already in place.
As with the other share tools, it allows for easy sharing on social networking sites with only a few clicks, while also ensuring that the artist whose work you're sharing is properly credited. When using the Pinterest button, we also include an extra link to the artist's profile for additional attribution. If a viewer wants to see more by the original artist, they can click through to that artist's deviantART page without complication.
- As an ongoing effort to keep deviantART safe, we will be sweeping reports daily about members uploading malware and other malicious files. We have made some changes to the allowed file types in categories where members generally upload downloadable files, such as skins and themes categories. We will continue to monitor the situation and act accordingly.
- For some members, the Groups widget was listing a slightly incorrect number of Groups they were in. Fixed by shadowhand
- Username changes were not reflected in Search. For example, when searching deviations by the new username, it would not return the expected results. Fixed by ZombieCoder
- Some journal thumbnails had title alignment issues when displayed on user profile and favorites. Fixed by ZombieCoder
- Availability of the 3-month pre-paid Premium Memberships for purchase with Points was briefly broken. Fixed by ZombieCoder
- The email change verification page always welcomed a user as a new member. Fixed by drommk
- The "give Points" modal had slightly overlapping input areas. Fixed by drommk
- Word documents were being incorrectly recognized as another type of file. Fixed by shadowhand
- The Friends list had an issue where changes made using the "select all or "select none" feature was not saved. Fixed by ZombieCoder
- The footer poll layout was displaying incorrectly when browsers were smaller than 1260 pixels wide. Fixed by drommk
- The error message "1" when attempting to create a group with a name that's already taken was not very informative. Fixed by muteor
- Many users were confused by small files being opened zoomed in. Files will no longer opened at larger than 100% resolution. Fixed by mudimba
- The "preview" tool was confusing users, so we removed it. Fixed by mudimba
- The section that displays information about a deviation during redraw playback was inconsistent and sometimes obscured artwork. We changed the behavior of when and how that will be displayed. Fixed by mudimba
- There were problems with blank canvases being created when a user went to muro.deviantart.com and left without drawing anything. This could cause confusing situations where blank files were stored in a user's Sta.sh or where Sta.sh folders had a blank white thumb. Fixed by mudimba
- The preview button in the skin modal did nothing. Fixed by kemayo
- Firefox and IE scrolled to the top of the document when a command was applied, even if selection was visible. Fixed by Alisey
- Identified some issues with applying toolbar commands to selections that did not contain visible text. Fixed by Alisey
- Fixed some issues where Writer did not auto-adjust the height of the document. Fixed by Alisey
- The Journal Extras area caused a second horizontal scroll bar to appear. Fixed by Alisey
- The 'done' button in the header could not be scrolled to if the window was less than 950px wide. Fixed by Alisey
- Assorted alignment issues were fixed. Fixed by Alisey
We appreciate the comments left on last week's site update! Feedback included:
- The response to Group Journal comments being included in the message center was entirely positive!
- There were mixed thoughts on the justified big thumbnails. Some dislike it, some liked it better left aligned, some like it as it is currently. Several users don't like the lighter background that appears on smaller thumbs.
- Changes to the Groups widget were mostly well-received, though many users would like to be able to change the default display so that it shows the groups they are a member of instead of the groups they admin.
- Some users have suggested various features, such as folder thumbnail customization to be consistent between individual user galleries and Group galleries.
- Some users would like the Share link and thumb codes to automatically copy, when clicked. From 8manderz8
- Several users have reported issues with the drag and drop thumbnail function on the Daily Deviations page. We are currently looking into this problem.
Have a suggestion, idea, or feedback? Leave a comment on this article!
Find a bug? Report it to the Help Desk! (Be as detailed as possible!)