In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update
New Sta.sh Writer Toolbar
Formatting in Sta.sh Writer
just got easier! Check out the brand new Writer toolbar, which includes new functionality such as adding lists, links, and text alignment! Though these formatting styles worked in the previous version of Writer, they could only be used if you manually typed in the HTML or copy and pasted from another application.
Oh, and we have an exciting new feature coming next week!
- There was brief nightly site outage that occurred several nights in a row that was caused by a technical issue. Fixed by $chris
- Paging on comment threads pages was briefly broken. Fixed by $muteor
- Some portions of submission process such as group and folder selection was misbehaving for short period of time. Fixed by $kemayo and `allixsenos
- The Groups affiliates widget in the "random" sort mode did not properly support paging. Fixed by `mpsb
- The "Add to Wishlist" behavior on Prints pages was inconsistent. Fixed by `mpsb
- Editing journals from the deviation page was unavailable for some time. Fixed by $kemayo
- Selection or editing of journal skins which resulted in inability to submit journals was briefly broken. Fixed by `allixsenos
- Watchers were being notified on all updates regardless of whether "Notify your deviantWATCHers" was selected or not. Fixed by `adahacker
- The ability to submit to your gallery without submitting to a folder (including "Featured") was missing. Fixed by `adahacker
- The "Disable & Members Only" sharing option wasn't selectable. Fixed by `adahacker
- The current state of the license options wouldn't be restored properly when editing. Fixed by `adahacker
- Submitting to a new gallery was always triggering notifications to be sent to deviantWATCHers. Fixed by `adahacker
- Gallery folders were incorrectly displayed as valid options on journals. Fixed by `aMoniker
- A writer thumbnail on top of a stack would the stack's name instead of the top-most item's title. Fixed by `adahacker
- New submission wasn't working on oauth app deviations. Fixed by `aMoniker
- Legacy journal and news couldn't be edited with the new UI. Fixed by `aMoniker
- Writer items including images wouldn't be submittable through the new UI. Fixed by `aMoniker
- The license drop-down overflowed in Windows Chrome. Fixed by `aMoniker
- Emote codes wouldn't work right when editing a deviation's description inline. Fixed by `aMoniker
- Emotes now have a proper "alt" HTML attribute. Fixed by $inazar
- Searches in the sidebar are now sorted by popularity instead of newest. Fixed by $inazar
- Writer UI elements have a higher Z-index, so skin CSS can't possibly obscure them. Fixed by $inazar
- Link tool url field autofocuses. Fixed by $inazar
- Sidebar thumb spacing adjusted to look cooler. Fixed by $inazar
- The "preview" icon was updated. Fixed by $inazar
- On the "Edit" menu, the wording was change from on "insert big thumbs" to "always add full size images" for clarity. Fixed by $kemayo
- When opening a Writer document, the loading is now smoother. Fixed by $kemayo
- Once a deviation has been submitted to a Group's gallery folder, admins should be able to redirect the deviation to another folder rather than rejecting it and asking them to submit to the appropriate category. From =The--Last--Hope
Bugs, issues, and feedback from previous Site Updates
Last week we received some great feedback from members about Group Messages. We'd like to hear more about Groups!
- Groups profile widget: Currently, in the Groups profile widget, we display the Groups you're an admin or member of. How would you feel if Groups you are watching were also listed on this widget?
- Stacks in message counts: In the messages menu, the number of deviantWATCH messages you have refers to individual messages. If you have stacks enabled, would you prefer it if this number counted stacks rather than individual messages?
- Splinter menu vs. unsplintered menu: In the top navigation of deviantART, do you use the "splinter" version of the messages dropdown (where each message type gets its own link in the header), or do you use the "unsplintered" version of the menu (where all messages are consolidated under the messages dropdown)? Why do you prefer that version over the other?
- Group messages and notes: Currently, on the splinter version of the messages menu, Group messages and notes are listed under the dropdown. Would you prefer it if Group messages and notes were splintered out as well and not hidden under the dropdown? Suggestions originally from =XxMasquradexX and ~Ni3nk3
Have a suggestion, idea, or feedback? Leave a comment on this article!
Find a bug? Report it to the Help Desk! (Be as detailed as possible!)