In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
New Sta.sh Writer Look
Sta.sh Writer has a brand new look! In the original design, the look that you were presented with did not match the published version of the Journal. The new look is more consistent and also includes the title field in the default skin allowing you to title your Journal as you write it. Previously, you had to title your Journal after you were done writing it.
HTML Improvements (Beta Testers Only)
Journal writers who use HTML have asked for more control over their layout and the ability to use their own HTML to give their writing that extra bit of flare. Beta Testers are now testing improvements to the way Sta.sh Writer handles HTML, enabling advanced writers to seamlessly use both the live formatting editor and their own custom HTML at the same time. Read more about this feature and leave your feedback on the blog post.
- The "About Us" page on Groups did not properly show literature thumbs. Fixed by $shadowhand
- Banned and deactivated users were able to access and post in the Shoutbox. Fixed by $DEVlANT
- Small (under 150 pixel) transparent PNG deviation preview images were displaying a shadow. Fixed by $sgrahamUK
- The Help Desk's bug report form was updated with more precise instructions on how to properly submit a bug. Fixed by $mpsb
- Users had an option to block themselves in the comments dropdown (the option was shown but it did nothing). Fixed by $muteor
- A small number of users had issues with authenticating via oAuth API. Fixed by $shadowhand
- In some browsers, the "Install" buttons were missing in the list of widgets on profile page's "Edit Page" mode. Fixed by $muteor
- When viewing comment replies in the Message Center, the popup that displayed the original comment did not display deviantART muro comments. Fixed by $lendrick
- Fixed various display issues with "Slideshow" button. Fixed by $muteor
- A bug was fixed that prevented deviations that were in Sta.sh for a long time before being published, from being considered for the front page. Bug pointed out by *Hoshiichan
- Switching between pages on shared stacks was not working when logged out. Fixed by $samshull
- In Chrome and Safari, it was not possible to open an image on page 2 or further of a shared stack. Fixed by $samshull
- It was difficult to merge very small images because of the small area that you had to drag and drop in. Fixed by $samshull
- In IE8, the positioning of hovercards was off by a couple of pixels. Fixed by $samshull
- Stack shadows were slightly cut off on selected hovercards. Fixed by $samshull
- When drag-selecting or keyboard-selecting a single item, the title wouldn't appear. Fixed by $samshull
- Artists should be able to receive notifications when your work has been featured in a Journal. From *H3llana-mod
- When we leave a group we should have an option to take all of our work with us. From =katara-alchemist
- Add the ability to watch polls separately from Journals. Right now, they're grouped together. From ~paperandpencil
- Some members requested CSS gradient support for Journals. `SanguineEpitaph in the Suggestions Forum
- ~KogamiNeko24 suggested that members should get a notification when they receive a Daily Deviation. She included ~Esi0n's mockup of the feature.
- Longer taglines on profiles. From ~Animefan170
- When commenting and interacting with other people in Groups, show their member status (member, contributor, etc...). From =Venomeye
- For text deviations such as poetry and prose, the text entry mode and text preview mode displays different fonts and font sizes. This is especially frustrating when writing concrete poetry and other forms of writing that rely on the presentation of the actual text. Thanks for pointing out! We'll look into getting this fixed! From ~Shuriken95
Have a suggestion, idea, or feedback? Leave a comment on this article!
Find a bug? Report it to the Help Desk! (Be as detailed as possible!)