In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update
DeviantART is proud to announce our Premium Content Platform — providing the ability for content creators to become sellers and generate real earnings by making digital files of their high-quality work available for download. Sellers are able to set their own prices while retaining 80% of all revenue earned, and buyers are able to quickly get the things they want with the satisfaction of supporting the artists they love.
Every year, San Diego Comic-Con hosts a gallery of artists in what's known as Artists' Alley. And, for the second year in a row, it's with great honor that deviantART is proud to sponsor the Alley! For those of you unable to make it to San Diego, allow us to paint a picture for you!
- Drag and drop collecting was broken on Daily Deviations page. Fixed by shadowhand
- Clicking on the preview body of a note in the Message Centre would not open the note. Fixed by $DEVlANT
- A very limited number of image deviations were loading as literature. Fixed by $ZombieCoder
- Comments left on older journals were not displaying properly in the Message Centre. Fixed by $kemayo
- Sometimes Redraws would change the zoom on the last frame of playback. Fixed by $mudimba
- Some redraws would get "stuck" on playback. Fixed by $mudimba
- A bug in Google Chrome would cause improper behavior of the Halftone brush in rare conditions. Fixed by $mudimba
- Making marks without moving the mouse or pen would result in improper brush behavior. Fixed by $mudimba
- Under some circumstances, the publishing options wouldn't appear on Sta.sh Writer items. Fixed by $aMoniker
- Members couldn't delete descriptions using the inline edit box on the Sta.sh item page. Fixed by $aMoniker
- When editing the description inline, the old text would sometimes vanish. Fixed by $aMoniker
- When pressing the command key and middle clicking on the view button, it did not open Sta.sh deviations in a new tab. Fixed by $kemayo
- The old journal editor skin thumbs were jumping around when they were hovered over. Fixed by $inazar
- When inserting deviations using the "link" menu, all deviantART URLs were being interpreted as deviations. Fixed by $Alisey
- Fixed an issue where adding links would display the actual HTML when published. Fixed by $Alisey
- Content after embedded items in Writer sometimes disappeared when the page was reloaded. Fixed by $Alisey
- Some users like the way we gather suggestions currently, as it ensures that staff interacts with the community. Others would like to see a more unified means of gathering feedback/suggestions. "There's three very different places to suggest things, not including individual messages to staff members" neurotype pointed out.
- In response to the emoticon legend suggestions from last week, Satsumo mentioned several other suggestions for improvement.
- Kat-Anni and several other members mentioned that they'd like to see a public list of suggestions that are being considered (or not considered).
- KinnoHitsuji brought up several Group suggestions, including being able to organize affiliates, alphabetizing gallery and favourite folders, and being able to view a list of Groups a user is a member of when submitting a new deviation.
Our new Premium Content Platform
, which is being rolled out to members over the next several weeks, allows artists to sell high-quality content — everything from comics or stories for download, to high-res files like .PSDs, textures, tutorials, brush packs, and more!
If you've sold your content in the past, or are planning on doing so now, what type of content are you interested in selling? Our Platform is in Beta and we will be continuing to upgrade it, so we'd like to know what types of content members are most interested in so that we can better support them.
Have a suggestion, idea, or feedback? Leave a comment on this article!
Find a bug? Report it to the Help Desk! (Be as detailed as possible!)