In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
Announcing Rolled Fine Art Paper Prints
Starting immediately, deviantART is upgrading our rolled Fine Art Paper Prints to a more professional grade print process. The new and improved product will now ship with an additional 1.5" (3.81 cm) bright-white border ready to be hanged or framed! This change will not affect the way in which we currently provide Photo Prints, Canvas, or Frame Art Prints.
- Extra characters were appearing at the end of text when entering critique. Fixed by $shadowhand
- Vertical layout spacing was broken on the settings page. Fixed by $muteor
- Personal user Forum threads ignored comment sorting preference changes. Fixed by $DEVlANT
- Some 404 error page links had wrong labeling. Fixed by $muteor
- In some categories, image deviations were being confused with text deviations during editing, resulting in incorrect display and possible validation errors. Fixed by $ZombieCoder
- Deleted group journals were messing up the Recent Journal Entries widget. Fixed by $muteor
- A white horizontal bar was present on literature stack thumbnails in the message center. Fixed by $muteor
- Sta.sh e-mail gateway could not be disabled on the Settings page. Fixed by $DEVlANT
- Some prints were missing the fav.me URL box. Fixed by $muteor
- Watermarking and making an item available for download weren't mutually exclusive and should have been. Fixed by $samshull
- Watching deviantART muro Redraws would show a login modal. Fixed by $adahacker
- An unstyled submission form would briefly flash when editing an item. Fixed by $kouiskas
- Clicking on the tabs icon to navigate back to your Sta.sh would fail to work under some conditions. Fixed by $kouiskas
- Share links would remain displayed in some situations where the context had changed and they shouldn't have. Fixed by $kouiskas
- Dropping a small image on top of a literature item would break the thumb display. Fixed by $samshull
- When navigating to another page, uploading wouldn't behave the way it was originally intended. Fixed by $samshull
- Editing a published deviation didn't show the groups to which the deviation had already been published. Fixed by `aMoniker
- The "save and exit" button would sometimes appear when it shouldn't. Fixed by `aMoniker
- Share links became misaligned. Fixed by `aMoniker
- The player for video items was lacking a minimum width. Fixed by `aMoniker
- Header menu display improved. Fixed by `aMoniker
- The description preview icon wouldn't adapt to the presence of a scrollbar in the form field. Fixed by $kouiskas
- The download button on the footer would appear in the wrong context. Fixed by $kouiskas
- Updating an item's title now updates the thumbnail display of that item immediately. Fixed by `aMoniker
- Quickly navigating through items using the keyboard would stall until two items had loaded. Fixed by $kouiskas
- Launched CSS attributes: content, counter-increment, counter-reset. Added by $kemayo
- Drafts were duplicating when you edited a Writer document that was in your Sta.sh. Fixed by $kemayo
- For a brief period of time, clicking the "edit" link for journal entries posted using the original journal editor gave an error.. Fixed by $kemayo
- Writer always had a vertical scrollbar, regardless of content height. Fixed by $inazar
- Changing skins in Writer was removing the "preview" and "done" buttons from the bottom of the page. Fixed by $inazar
- The way embedded links was handled in Writer has been rewritten. Fixed by $Alisey
Thanks very much for the feedback left on last week's Site Update! Here's what you had to say:
- Many users are looking to sell comics, stories, tutorials and resources through deviantART rather than needing to do so through means off-site.
- Buyers mentioned wanting to find Premium Content easier, either through separating free and Premium Content or through a Premium Content portal.
- Users liked `joannastar's visual suggestion about having an "I like this" button on suggestions posted to the Suggestions gallery.
Have a suggestion, idea, or feedback? Leave a comment on this article!
Find a bug? Report it to the Help Desk! (Be as detailed as possible!)