In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
Sta.sh Titles Always Display
Titles on Sta.sh items will now always display. Previously, titles only displayed while hovering your cursor over the items. This simple change makes the interface clearer and makes it easier to identify your items.
- DeviantART was invaded by FUR. After FUR's article received over 500,000 pageviews and 50,000 comments in one day, the felines were contained and the situation was resolved. Fixed by the deviantART community
- In the Message Center, if a journal was written using non-latin alphabet letters, such as cyrillic letters, some of these letters are replaced with random symbols. Fixed by drommk
- The preview for Group Journals was not rendering in Opera. Fixed by lendrick
- Archiving or restoring Group Notes was causing "Undefined" error. Fixed by mpsb
- The "checkout" cart item counter on the top bar was laggy. Fixed by muteor
- In the mobile Message Center, multiple fixes were made to the deviation and journal thumbnails and layout. Fixed by shadowhand
- The "unfavourite" command now properly works on your deviations that you've added to your own collections. Fixed by kemayo and shadowhand
- Shop thumbs and titles were not aligned for brief period. Fixed by ZombieCoder
- Made improvements to the pressure brush to have smoother lines, especially when releasing pressure at the end of strokes. Fixed by mudimba
- The display of the hovered selection of a single item was slightly broken. Fixed by samshull
- Dragging a file in sta.sh while superbrowse is open now closes superbrowse. Fixed by samshull
- While using Writer, dragging images on the actual interface such as logos and icons no longer causes errors. Fixed by samshull and Alisey
- When rapidly switching between pages, one could sometimes end up with a URL not matching the page contents. Fixed by kouiskas
- Pressing enter on the password field didn't trigger login on IE8. Fixed by samshull
- Fixed styling of the item renaming text field. Fixed by samshull
- Made the error message clearer when an item contained unsupported characters. Fixed by kouiskas
- Part of the shadow was missing on freshly uploaded stacks. Fixed by kouiskas
- Literature and Writer thumbnails no longer scroll while being dragged. Fixed by kouiskas
- While composing a new Sta.sh Writer document, the URL of the page you're on updates automatically. If you reload the page or copy and paste the URL of the current page, this URL will work properly now. Fixed by kemayo
- Inserting Sta.sh deviations into a Writer document was outputting a thumb with an incorrect URL. Fixed by kemayo
- The Writer sidebar now uses a shrunk-down version of the file viewer on your Sta.sh home page, which fixes a number of inconsistencies and bugs. Fixed by kemayo
- In the Beta Testers version of Sta.sh Writer that includes HTML enhancements, text that included the "<" sign was being interpreted as HTML code and was causing display issues. Fixed by kemayo
- When manually adding a list using HTML, the actual code was being displayed rather than formatting it as a list. Fixed by inazar
- When you open a new documents and don't type anything, a draft is no longer saved since the document is empty. Fixed by inazar
- Optimized performance of the process that checks whether writer contents have changed. Fixed by Alisey
- Fixed an issues that caused the gallery and favourites sidebar to insert images twice. Fixed by Alisey
- Drag-drop of elements within the page should be working again (in particular, dragging images from the sidebar to writer, and dragging images around inside the writer area). Fixed by Alisey
bradleysays suggested that the Journal Portal section of the footer should have the ability to switch between the category of Journals displayed.
SanguineEpitaph suggested the idea of a Priority Inbox feature, which would allow you to select your favourite artists or close friends and create a separate "Priority" section of your Message Center.
Have a suggestion, idea, or feedback? Leave a comment on this article!
Find a bug? Report it to the Help Desk! (Be as detailed as possible!)