In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
Unread Counts in Message Center SidebarThe sidebar in the Message Center now displays an unread count next to each type of message to allow you to easily identify and sort your messages.
File and Edit Menus in Sta.shA couple weeks ago, we launched the File and Edit menus in Sta.sh to Beta Testers, making it easier to manage your Sta.sh. Today, we're rolling out the feature to everyone. These menus make it easier to organize your files, and adds the ability to import items directly into a new Writer document.
Download Sta.sh Stack as .ZIP (Beta Testers Only)
You can now download an entire Sta.sh stack all at once in an easy to access .ZIP file. Whether you're sharing images with friends or co-workers, collaborating on a piece, or if you simply want a quick and easy way to get to your files from a different location, it can now be done even faster and with one click of a button. The "Download All" button is located at the bottom of a Sta.sh stack.
- When searching, the "clear search" X button was cut off. Fixed by allixsenos
- The tab key behavior when writing comments became wonky again after being fixed in a previous Site Update. Re-Fixed by $helloandre
- Changed the title of the Message Center Note reply box to be "Reply" rather than "Send a Devious Note". Fixed by $allixsenos
- The Pencil Menu on comments of film deviations had been missing for a while. Fixed by $kemayo
- Comment previews did not work when comments were extremely long. Reported by *AspiredWriter, fixed by $shadowhand
- The "Next", "Prev", and "All" buttons while browsing had briefly lost their "pressed" state. Fixed by $adahacker
- The spacing was wrong on some Group Twitter widgets. Fixed by $mpsb
- The new user profile verification message had an alignment issue. Fixed by $shadowhand
- Linking to HTML anchors did not work in journals. Fixed by $shadowhand
- When using the "Submit to Group" modal on deviation pages and choosing "Type in a Group name", the autocomplete list was not returning groups that a user is an administrator of. Fixed by $ZombieCoder
- Some characters were causing errors on the Help Desk contact form. Fixed by $lendrick
- The "Browse Wishlist" menu item on profile pages was cut off for long usernames. Fixed by $shadowhand
- The Journal Widget on profile pages briefly lost their "Edit" button. Fixed by $helloandre
- Two identical print sizes were listed on a print page. Fixed by $lendrick
- Chat had usability problems with favorites bar. Fixed by shadowhand
- Canvas Prints on Print product pages were squished in some browsers. Fixed by $lendrick
- Some video items in Sta.sh were not downloadable when they should have been. Fixed by $adahacker
- Clicking on the Sta.sh logo when viewing the settings page wouldn't do anything. Fixed by $adahacker
- Superbrowse keyboard navigation stopped working. Fixed by $adahacker
- Uploading was broken in Firefox 3.6. Fixed by $adahacker
- The "pressed" and "active" state of the "back" button lacked the icon. Fixed by $adahacker
- The "upload files" menu item available to Beta Testers did not work in IE9. Fixed by $aMoniker
- Removed an issue where the "paste" functionality would paste twice. Fixed by $Alisey
- Drafts are now called "Untitled Draft", and are renamed to just "Untitled" if they're published like that. Fixed by $Alisey
- Some literature thumbs were displaying with line breaks in unexpected places. Fixed by $Alisey
Bugs, issues, and feedback from previous Site Updates
- Add the ability to browse with bigger thumbs! From *DryBonesReborn
- On deviation pages, the date that the deviation was submitted could link to a browse mode to see all deviations submitted on that date. From =Naomi-Wiflath
- When you delete a deviation, it redirects to your Profile. It should redirect to your Gallery. From *amayathewolf3
- Add artist types and specialties to comment signatures. From ~RadiationAlpha
- Add a way to find artists based on their location. From ~chaosengine77, *mylastel, ~reddie1201
- Several features were requested that show mutual connections between you and another member. For example, mutual friends, mutual favourites, mutual art types, etc. From ~daaddicted, ~ShillMynara, =deshardiii
- Add more features to manage Groups with a lot of members, such as search or a feature to jump down the list to usernames that start with a certain letter. From *WatcherAngel, *mylastel, =Wyvern709, =Hirukio, *WatcherAngel
- Add a search function in the emoticon legend. From =TheMasterNeko
Discuss These Ideas!
Deviation Replies. This requested feature would allow artists to leave a deviation as a "reply" to a another deviation. For example, after using a stock photo, an artist could leave a "reply" to the deviation showing the photographer what they created using their stock photo. Artists could "reply" to tutorials with the art they created using the tutorial. Another use case for this feature would be the ability to collaborate; a photographer might upload a photo and ask others to retouch it. Artist could reply with their versions of the retouched photo. Originally suggested by ~ExtremeYaoiFanatic
Have a suggestion, idea, or feedback? Leave a comment on this article!
Find a bug? Report it to the Help Desk! (Be as detailed as possible!)